- To bring under control, especially by military force; conquer.
- To make subordinate or subject to the dominion of something else.
- To bring under the yoke; subdue; conquer; compel to submit to the dominion or control of another; vanquish.
- To make subservient; take or hold captive; bring under bondage, as the senses.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Vanquish, Subdue</em>, etc. See <internalXref urlencoded="conquer">conquer</internalXref>.
- To subdue, and bring under the yoke of power or dominion; to conquer by force, and compel to submit to the government or absolute control of another; to vanquish.
- To <xref>forcibly</xref> <xref>impose</xref> obedience or servitude.
- put down by force or intimidation
- make subservient; force to submit or subdue