- The study of the rules whereby words or other elements of sentence structure are combined to form grammatical sentences.
- A publication, such as a book, that presents such rules.
- The pattern of formation of sentences or phrases in a language.
- Such a pattern in a particular sentence or discourse.
- The rules governing the formation of statements in a programming language.
- A systematic, orderly arrangement.
- Connected system or order; union of things.
- In <em>grammar</em>, the construction of sentences; the due forming and arrangement of words or members of sentences in their mutual relations according to established usage.
- Connected system or order; union of things; a number of things jointed together; organism.
- That part of grammar which treats of the construction of sentences; the due arrangement of words in sentences in their necessary relations, according to established usage in any language.
- A set of rules that govern how words are combined to form <xref>phrases</xref> and <xref>sentences</xref>.
- The formal rules of formulating the <xref>statements</xref> of a computer language.
- The study of the structure of phrases, sentences and language.
- the grammatical arrangement of words in sentences
- studies of the rules for forming admissible sentences
- a systematic orderly arrangement