- A structure on a river steamboat containing the pilothouse and the officers' quarters.
- Hence The elevated gallery, resembling a louver or clearstory, in a grainelevator.
- A structure on the hurricanedeck of a steamboat, containing the cabins for the officers. The pilot-house is on top of it.
- A structure on the hurricane deck of a steamer, containing the pilot house, officers' cabins, etc.
- the top-most cabin deck on a <xref>steamboat</xref>
- the second largest state; located in southwestern United States on the Gulf of Mexico