- Of, relating to, or conforming to a text or texts.
- Of, pertaining to, or contained in the text: as, <em>textual</em> criticism; <em>textual</em> errors.
- Based on texts.
- Acquainted with texts and capable of quoting them precisely; learned or versed in texts.
- One versed in texts; a textualist.
- Of, pertaining to, or contained in, the text.
- Serving for, or depending on, texts.
- Familiar with texts or authorities so as to cite them accurately.
- Of, or pertaining to <xref>text</xref>.
- Pertaining to <xref>text messages</xref>, by analogy with <xref>sexual</xref>: <xref>textual harassment</xref>, textual intercourse; compare <xref>sexting</xref>.
- of or relating to or based on a text