- To formulate theories or a theory; speculate.
- To propose a theory about.
- To form a theory or theories; form opinions solely by theory; speculate. Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="theorise">theorise</internalXref>.
- To form a theory or theories; to form opinions solely by theory; to speculate.
- to <xref>formulate</xref> <xref>theories</xref>, especially about some specific subject
- to <xref>speculate</xref>
- construct a theory about
- form or construct theories
- to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds