- Any of various plants chiefly of the genus <em>Linaria,</em> having narrow leaves and spurred, two-lipped flowers, especially butter-and-eggs.
- A plant of the genus <em>Linaria.</em> primarily L. <em>vulgaris</em>, the common toadflax, a showy but pernicious plant, otherwise known as <em>ranstead</em> and <em>butter-and-eggs.</em>
- In England, <em>Thesium Linophyllon</em>, which has leaves like those of toad-flax.
- An herb (<spn>Linaria vulgaris</spn>) of the Figwort family, having narrow leaves and showy orange and yellow flowers; -- called also <altname>butter and eggs</altname>, <altname>flaxweed</altname>, and <altname>ramsted</altname>.
- any of several <xref>European</xref> <xref>plants</xref>, of the genus Linaria, having two-lipped yellow flowers.
- Any of several other plants in the family <xref>Plantaginaceae</xref>.
- common European perennial having showy yellow and orange flowers; a naturalized weed in North America