- A colorless, blue, yellow, brown, or pink aluminum silicate mineral, often found in association with granitic rocks and valued as a gemstone, especially in the brown and pink varieties.
- Any of various yellow gemstones, especially a yellow variety of sapphire or corundum.
- A light yellow variety of quartz.
- A mineral of a vitreous luster, transparent or translucent, sometimes colorless, often of a yellow, white, green, or pale-blue color.
- In <em>heraldry</em>, the tincture or in blazoning by the precious stones. See <internalXref urlencoded="blazon">blazon</internalXref>, n., 2.
- A humming-bird, <em>Topaza pella</em> or <em>T. pyra.</em>
- A mineral occurring in rhombic prisms, generally yellowish and pellucid, also colorless, and of greenesh, bluish, or brownish shades. It sometimes occurs massive and opaque. It is a fluosilicate of alumina, and is used as a gem.
- Either one of two species of large, brilliantly colored humming birds of the genus Topaza (<spn>Topaza pella</spn> or <spn>Topaza pyra</spn>), of South America and the West Indies.
- See the Note under <er>Quartz</er>.
- A clear, yellowish-brown gemstone.
- A <xref>yellowish</xref>-<xref>brown</xref> color, like that of the gemstone.
- (British India) A black Catholic soldier in the British Army.
- Of a <xref>yellowish</xref>-<xref>brown</xref> color, like that of the gemstone.
- a light brown the color of topaz
- a mineral (fluosilicate of aluminum) that occurs in crystals of various colors and is used as a gemstone
- a yellow quartz