- A device, typically a tightly encircling bandage, used to check bleeding by temporarily stopping the flow of blood through a large artery in a limb.
- A turnstile.
- An instrument for arresting the passage of blood through an artery by means of compression effected with a screw. It is used to control hemorrhage temporarily, as in surgical operations on a limb, or to check the force of the blood-current in cases of aneurismal or other vascular tumors.
- An instrument for arresting hemorrhage. It consists essentially of a pad or compress upon which pressure is made by a band which is tightened by a screw or other means.
- A tightly-<xref>compressed</xref> <xref>bandage</xref> used to stop <xref>bleeding</xref> by stopping the <xref>flow</xref> of <xref>blood</xref> through a large <xref>artery</xref> in a <xref>limb</xref>.
- Any of several similar methods of <xref>clamping</xref> components into position.
- A <xref>turnstile</xref>.
- bandage that stops the flow of blood from an artery by applying pressure