- A condition in which the blood contains toxins produced by body cells at a local source of infection or derived from the growth of microorganisms.
- The presence of a toxic substance or substances in the blood; septicemia; blood-poisoning.
- <xref>Blood poisoning</xref>; <xref>adverse</xref> reaction to <xref>toxic</xref> <xref>byproducts</xref> of <xref>systemic</xref> <xref>infection</xref>.
- blood poisoning caused by bacterial toxic substances in the blood
- an abnormal condition of pregnancy characterized by hypertension and edema and protein in the urine