- The path of a projectile or other moving body through space.
- A chosen or taken course.
- A curve that cuts all of a given family of curves or surfaces at the same angle.
- The path described by a body moving under the action of given forces; specifically, the curve described by a projectile in its flight through the air. Compare <internalXref urlencoded="range">range</internalXref>, 4.
- In <em>geometry</em>, a curve which cuts all the curves or surfaces of a given system at a constant angle. When the constant angle is a right angle, the trajectory is called an <em>orthogonal trajectory.</em>
- The curve which a body describes in space, as a planet or comet in its orbit, or stone thrown upward obliquely in the air.
- The path of a body as it travels through space.
- The ordered set of intermediate states assumed by a <xref>dynamical system</xref> as a result of time evolution.
- Metaphorically, a course of development, such as that of a war or career.
- the path followed by an object moving through space