- One that serves to tranquilize, as soothing music.
- Any of various drugs used to reduce tension or anxiety; an antianxiety agent.
- Any of various drugs used to treat psychotic states; an antipsychotic drug. Not in scientific use.
- One who or that which tranquilizes. Also spelled <em>tranquiliser, tranquilliser.</em>
- One who, or that which, tranquilizes.
- That which <xref>tranquillizes</xref> or <xref>soothes</xref>.
- A <xref>drug</xref> used to reduce <xref>anxiety</xref> or <xref>tension</xref>; a <xref>sedative</xref>.
- a drug used to reduce stress or tension without reducing mental clarity