- To render motionless, as with terror, amazement, or awe.
- To pierce or impale with a pointed weapon or object.
- In <em>geometry</em>, to cut by a fixed straight, <em>m</em>, a subject composed of planes, α, β, γ, that is, to construct the passes <em>m</em>·α, <em>m</em>·β, <em>m</em>·γ.
- To pierce through, as with a pointed weapon; transpierce: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="transfix">transfix</internalXref> one with a dart or spear; also, to fasten by something sharp thrust through.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Pierce</em>, etc. See <internalXref urlencoded="penetrate">penetrate</internalXref>.
- To pierce through, as with a pointed weapon; to impale.
- A discontinuous <xref>affix</xref>, which occurs at more than one position in a word, typical of <xref>Semitic</xref> languages.
- To render motionless, by arousing <xref>terror</xref>, <xref>amazement</xref> or <xref>awe</xref>.
- To <xref>pierce</xref> with a sharp pointed <xref>weapon</xref>.
- To <xref>fix</xref> or <xref>impale</xref>.
- pierce with a sharp stake or point
- to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe