- Having only one axis.
- Of, relating to, or affecting one axis.
- Having one direction along which double refraction of light does not take place. Used of a crystal.
- Having but one optical axis, or axis of double refraction. Iceland spar is a <em>uniaxial</em> crystal. See <internalXref urlencoded="refraction">refraction</internalXref>, and cut under <internalXref urlencoded="interference">interference</internalXref>.
- In <em>biology</em>, having one main axis to which the other axes are subordinate; growing lengthwise.
- In <em>botany</em>, having a single axis, as when the primary stem of a plant does not branch and terminates in a flower.
- Monaxon, as a sponge-spicule.
- A uniaxial crystal.
- Also <internalXref urlencoded="uniaxal">uniaxal</internalXref>.
- Having but one optic axis, or line of no double refraction.
- Having only one axis; developing along a single line or plane; -- opposed to <ex>multiaxial</ex>.
- Having a single <xref>axis</xref>
- Having a single <xref>stem</xref>, with no <xref>branches</xref>, that terminates in a <xref>flower</xref>