- To put to use, especially to make profitable or effective use of.
- To turn to profitable account or use; make useful; make use of: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="utilize">utilize</internalXref> a stream for driving machinery. Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="utilise">utilise</internalXref>.
- To make useful; to turn to profitable account or use; to make use of.
- Alternative spelling of <xref>utilise</xref>.
- put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
- convert (from an investment trust to a unit trust)