- To convert or be converted into vapor.
- To convert into vapor by the application of heat or by artificial means; cause to evaporate; sublimate.
- To affect with the vapors; render splenetic or hypochondriacal.
- To pass off in vapor: as, sulphur or mercury <em>vaporizes</em> under certain conditions.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="vaporise">vaporise</internalXref>.
- To pass off in vapor.
- To convert into vapor, as by the application of heat, whether naturally or artificially.
- See Evaporating surface, under <er>Evaporate</er>, v. t.
- Turn into <xref>vapour</xref>.
- turn into gas
- lose or cause to lose liquid by vaporization leaving a more concentrated residue
- decrease rapidly and disappear
- kill with or as if with a burst of gunfire or electric current or as if by shooting