- The acidic juice of unripe grapes or other sour fruit, such as crabapples.
- Sourness, as of disposition.
- An acid liquor expressed from crab-apples, unripe grapes, etc., used for culinary and other purposes.
- Sourness or acidity of temper, manner, or expression; tartness.
- To make sour or acid.
- The sour juice of crab apples, of green or unripe grapes, apples, etc.; also, an acid liquor made from such juice.
- Tartness; sourness, as of disposition.
- A very <xref>acidic</xref> <xref>juice</xref> made by pressing unripe <xref>grapes</xref>.