- To cover with a vizor, in any sense.
- Formerly, a mask concealing the face; hence, in general, any disguise or means of concealment.
- In more modern usage, the movable front of the helmet in general; more accurately, the upper movable part. Where there are two it is also called <internalXref urlencoded="nasal">nasal</internalXref>. See cuts under <internalXref urlencoded="armet">armet</internalXref> and <em>helmet.</em>
- The countenance; visage.
- The fore piece of a cap, projecting over and protecting the eyes.
- See <xref urlencoded="visor">visor</xref>.
- a <xref>visor</xref>
- a piece of armor plate (with eye slits) fixed or hinged to a medieval helmet to protect the face
- a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes