- The coating of thread with wax previous to sewing.
- A method of blacking, dressing, and polishing leather, to give it a finish.
- In <em>calico-printing</em>, the process of stopping out colors.
- Present participle of <xref>wax</xref>.
- this sense?) (<xref>uncountable</xref>) the action of the verb to <xref>wax</xref>.
- A <xref>cosmetic</xref> <xref>procedure</xref> in which <xref>hair</xref> is removed from the body by the application and removal of wax.
- the application of wax to a surface
- (of the moon) pertaining to the period during which the visible surface of the moon increases
- a gradual increase in magnitude or extent