- Resembling wax in appearance or texture, as in being pale, pliable, or smooth and lustrous.
- Consisting of, abounding in, or covered with wax.
- Containing amyloid deposits, as a bodily organ.
- Angry; wrathy; irate.
- Resembling wax or putty in appearance, softness, plasticity, adhesiveness, or other properties; waxen; hence, pliable; yielding; impressionable.
- Specifically Noting certain complexions.
- Made of wax; abounding in wax; waxed: as, a <em>waxy</em> dressing for leather
- A change of parts of the muscular fibers into a peculiar hyaline substance, which differs from lardacein; it occurs in certain cases of typhoid fever, meningitis, and other acute febrile disorders.
- Resembling wax in appearance or consistency; viscid; adhesive; soft; hence, yielding; pliable; impressible.
- amyloid degeneration. See under <er>Amyloid</er>.
- a kidney or liver affected by waxy degeneration.
- Resembling <xref>wax</xref> in texture or appearance.
- capable of being bent or flexed or twisted without breaking
- made of or covered with wax
- easily impressed or influenced
- having the paleness of wax