- Tending toward a yellow color; of or relating to xanthin; yellow, referring to the color of the urine.
- Tending toward a yellow color, or to one of those colors, green being excepted, in which yellow is a constituent, as scarlet, orange, etc.
- Possessing, imparting, or producing a yellow color.
- Of or pertaining to xanthic acid, or its compounds; xanthogenic.
- Of or pertaining to xanthin.
- a heavy, astringent, colorless oil, C2H5O.CS.SH, having a pungent odor. It is produced by leading carbon disulphide into a hot alcoholic solution of potassium hydroxide. So called from the yellow color of many of its salts. Called also <altname>xanthogenic acid</altname>.
- those colors (of flowers) having some tinge of yellow; -- opposed to <contr>cyanic colors</contr>. See under <er>Cyanic</er>.
- Of a yellowish colour.