- A yellowish-orange, lipid-filled nodule or papule in the skin, often on an eyelid or over a joint.
- A connective-tissue new growth in the skin, forming soft yellow patches, either flat (<em>xanthoma planum</em>) or tuberculated (<em>xanthoma tuberosum</em>).
- A skin disease marked by the development or irregular yellowish patches upon the skin, especially upon the eyelids; -- called also <altname>xanthelasma</altname>.
- A small, yellow <xref>nodule</xref>, rich in <xref>cholesterol</xref> and other <xref>lipids</xref>, that occurs in the <xref>skin</xref>, often near a joint
- a skin problem marked by the development (on the eyelids and neck and back) of irregular yellow nodules; sometimes attributable to disturbances of cholesterol metabolism