- Any of various chiefly tropical American cycads of the genus <em>Zamia,</em> having a thick, usually underground stem, palmlike terminal leaves, and seeds borne in woody cones.
- A genus of gymnospermous plants, of the order <em>Cycadaceæ</em>, type of the tribe <em>Zamieæ.</em>
- [<em>l. c</em>] A plant of this genus.
- A genus of cycadaceous plants, having the appearance of low palms, but with exogenous wood. See <xref urlencoded="coontie">coontie</xref>, and <ex>Illust.</ex> of <xref urlencoded="strobile">strobile</xref>.
- Any of various <xref>cycads</xref> of the genus <xref>Zamia</xref>
- any of various cycads of the genus Zamia; among the smallest and most verdant cycads