- An enclosure of bushes or stakes protecting a campsite or village in northeast Africa.
- A campsite or village protected by such an enclosure.
- In Sudan and adjoining parts of Africa, an inclosure against enemies or wild animals, as by a thorn-hedge; a fortified camp in general. Also written <em>zareeba, zereba, zeriba</em>, etc.
- An improvised stockade; especially, one made of thorn bushes, etc.
- an improvised <xref>stockade</xref> constructed especially of thornbushes and used for defense in parts of Africa
- a <xref>village</xref> protected by such a structure