- The letter <em>z.</em>
- The letter Z, also called <internalXref urlencoded="zee">zee</internalXref> and sometimes <internalXref urlencoded="izzard">izzard</internalXref>.
- A metal bar rolled so as to have a cross-section resembling the letter Z.
- The letter <xref urlencoded="z">z</xref>; -- called also <altname>zee</altname>, and formerly <altname>izzard</altname>.
- The name of the <xref>Latin script</xref> letter <xref>Z</xref>/<xref>z</xref>.
- Something Z-shaped. Found in compounds such as zed-bar.
- To <xref>sleep</xref> or <xref>nap</xref>. (Compare <xref>zzz</xref>, <xref>catch some z's</xref>.)
- To <xref>zigzag</xref>; to move with sharp alternating turns.
- the 26th letter of the Roman alphabet