- A plant <em>(Curcuma zedoaria)</em> of South Asia that has small yellow flowers, purple bracts, and starchy tuberous rhizomes and that is widely cultivated elsewhere.
- The dried rhizomes of this plant, used as a condiment and in perfumes, medicines, and cosmetics.
- An East Indian drug, known in two varieties as <em>long</em> and <em>round</em> zedoary.
- A medicinal substance obtained in the East Indies, having a fragrant smell, and a warm, bitter, aromatic taste. It is used in medicine as a stimulant.
- Curcuma zedoaria, a <xref>perennial</xref> <xref>herb</xref> native to <xref>India</xref> and <xref>Indonesia</xref>.