- A rigid airship having a long cylindrical body supported by internal gas cells.
- A dirigible balloon of the rigid type, consisting of a cylindrical trussed and covered frame supported by internal gas cells, and provided with means of propulsion and control. It was first successfully used by Ferdinand Count von Zeppelin.
- A type of large <xref>German</xref> <xref>dirigible</xref> <xref>airship</xref> of the early 20th century designed to carry <xref>passengers</xref> or <xref>bombs</xref>.
- a large rigid dirigible designed to carry passengers or bombs
- German inventor who designed and built the first rigid motorized dirigible (1838-1917)