- A fastening device consisting of parallel rows of metal or plastic teeth on adjacent edges of an opening that are interlocked by a sliding tab.
- To fasten or unfasten or become fastened or unfastened with a zipper; zip.
- A <xref>zip fastener</xref>.
- A <xref>pressure</xref>-sensitive plastic <xref>closure</xref>.
- <xref>leucine zipper</xref>
- To close a zipper.
- To put a zipper on an article.
- close with a zipper
- a fastener for locking together two toothed edges by means of a sliding tab