- In <em>anatomy</em>, a zone, belt, or girdle, or part likened to a zone: chiefly used in human anatomy.
- Herpes zoster (which see, under <internalXref urlencoded="herpes">herpes</internalXref>).
- A zone or band; a layer.
- The zona radiata.
- a radiately striated membrane situated next the yolk of an ovum, or separated from it by a very delicate membrane only.
- A species of <xref>silverside</xref> fish (<xref>Atheriniformes</xref>), Bedotia geayi, from <xref>Madagascar</xref>, also called red-tailed silverside.
- A <xref>zone</xref> or <xref>band</xref>; a <xref>layer</xref>.
- (anatomy) any encircling or beltlike structure