- Having the character of a zone or belt.
- Of or pertaining to the rings, somites, or body-segments of an articulate or annulose animal; arthromeric; metameric: as, <em>zonal</em> symmetry, the serial homology or metameric symmetry of a segmented animal, as an arthropod or an annelid. See <internalXref urlencoded="symmetry">symmetry</internalXref>, 5 .
- In <em>crystallography</em>, arranged in zones: as, the <em>zonal</em> structure of a mineral.
- In <em>botany</em>, noting that view of a diatom in which the zone or suture of the valves is presented to the eye—the “front view” of some writers.
- In <em>horticulture</em>, marked on the leaves with a zone or circle, as many pelargoniums, also called <internalXref urlencoded="horscshoe">horscshoe</internalXref> geraniums.
- In <em>phytogeography</em>, in or relating to œcological zones or belts. See <internalXref urlencoded="zonc">zonc</internalXref>, 8.
- Of or pertaining to a zone; having the form of a zone or zones.
- the mathematical relation which belongs to all the planes of a zone, and expresses their common position with reference to the axes.
- a structure characterized by the arrangements of color, inclusions, etc., of a crystal in parallel or concentric layers, which usually follow the outline of the crystal, and mark the changes that have taken place during its growth.
- See the Note under <er>Symmetry</er>.
- Divided into <xref>zones</xref>.
- Related to, associated with, or similar to <xref>zones</xref>.
- Roughly <xref>longitudinal</xref> movement of <xref>air</xref> or <xref>ocean</xref> <xref>currents</xref> (east to west, or west to east).
- associated with or divided into zones
- relating to or of the nature of a zone