- A motile flagellated asexually produced spore, as of certain algae, oomycetes, and fungi.
- In <em>botany</em>, a spore capable of moving about; a motile spore, or swarmspore.
- An animal spore; one of the minute flagelliform bodies which issue from the sporocyst of sporiparous animalcules; a swarm-spore.
- Also <internalXref urlencoded="zo%C3%B6carp">zoöcarp</internalXref>.
- A spore provided with one or more slender cilia, by the vibration of which it swims in the water. Zoöspores are produced by many green, and by some olive-brown, algæ. In certain species they are divided into the larger macrozoöspores and the smaller microzoöspores. Called also <altname>sporozoid</altname>, and <altname>swarmspore</altname>.
- See <er>Swarmspore</er>.
- A <xref>motile</xref> <xref>asexual</xref> <xref>spore</xref> of some <xref>algae</xref> and <xref>fungi</xref>.
- an asexual spore of some algae and fungi that moves by means of flagella