- A belt or girdle worn by men in ancient Greece.
- Herpes zoster.
- In <em>ancient Greek costume</em>, a belt or girdle; originally, a warriors' belt round the loins, afterward any girdle or zone, but chiefly one of a kind worn by men.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="herpes%20zoster">herpes zoster</internalXref> (which see, under <internalXref urlencoded="herpes">herpes</internalXref>).
- An ancient Greek <xref>waist</xref>-<xref>belt</xref> for men.
- The disease called <xref>herpes zoster</xref> (from the typically beltlike pattern of its rash); <xref>shingles</xref>.
- eruptions along a nerve path often accompanied by severe neuralgia