- The cell formed by the union of two gametes, especially a fertilized ovum before cleavage.
- The organism that develops from a zygote.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="zygospore">zygospore</internalXref>.
- In <em>biology</em>, a fertilized ovum, or the equivalent, in plants and in unicellular organisms, of a fertilized egg; the product of the conjugation of gametes, or sexual cells.
- A <xref>fertilized</xref> <xref>egg cell</xref>.
- (genetics) the diploid cell resulting from the union of a haploid spermatozoon and ovum (including the organism that develops from that cell)