- The enzyme complex in yeasts that catalyzes the breakdown of sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="enzym">enzym</internalXref>.
- A soluble ferment, or enzyme. See <xref urlencoded="enzyme">enzyme</xref>.
- Any of a group of <xref>enzymes</xref> that <xref>catalyzes</xref> the <xref>fermentation</xref> of simple <xref>carbohydrates</xref> to <xref>ethanol</xref> and <xref>carbon dioxide</xref>.
- a complex of enzymes that cause glycolysis; originally found in yeast but also present in higher organisms